Valentine's 2019

Once again, it's my favorite time of the year (except for the horrible traffic that goes with it).Early morning I received a message from my childhood friend saying "Anong paandar mo kay...?". And no I'm not ready to tell the whole world, (all my 3 consistent readers, you know who you are.) but I promise I will dedicate a post to her one of these days (This year, or the next probably! I'll make sure to say something nice every now and then about her on my future posts.) Going back to this post, last night while I was walking to get from Alabang Town Center to SM Southmall (Yes, traffic was that bad as usual.) I was thinking of what to write this year for my Valentine post. I didn't plan anything special for this day and did not even greet that hot girl (Can't even look at her without blushing. Ok, blushing right now she was really HOT yesterday too. And even HOTTER today.) One thing stood out yesterday was somebody left a chocolate bar on the long table addressed to her. This post is how to give a person you like something on Valentine's day. Let's divide this into two perspectives.

RECEIVER

Obviously, this is the person receiving the gift. Without them, it is pointless to even start. In most cases, the receiver really appreciates (regardless of what is was.) what he/she has been given. If the receiver is otherwise, you may want to reconsider liking a different person (kidding!).For me as a receiver, it is always the thought of the gift that always counts and not the actual item I have received (which is probably why I love getting home cooked anything as a gift). Not a lot to be said about the receiver's end as this person is the final destination of the process.

GIVER

There are a lot of reasons why we give gifts to other people. Personally, I love giving a surprise gift to someone every Valentine's day. It is unexpected of me to even give something to someone I like because first of all, I get tongue tied whenever a crush or someone I really really like is within 50 meters from where I am. This year, I decided not to do anything but give a generic edible flowers to 2 of my TLs and 4 other new friends I met at my new job (By the way, I work in Taguig now. Finally moved on from Makati.). If you are giving your "crush" something and you want to make an impact, make sure you give some thought into what you are giving. One suggestion is, never ever give something edible unless you are giving it in person (Not just leaving it on their desk for everyone to see with her name and your initials signing the note.) Always think how you would feel should you be on the receiver's end. And besides, confidence is way too sexy nowadays so don't be afraid to give it to them yourselves. I promise, you won't lose an arm or any part of your body for it.

All in all, the price tag on your gift is not that important. What really matters is the thought the you put into the gift that you will be giving to the other person. It is always best to know what the other person likes as this gives an added personal touch which will surely matter on the person receiving it.



Comments

Popular Posts