Muffin Top

What is a Muffin-top?
a generally pejorative slang term used to describe the phenomenon of overhanging flesh (fat) when it spills over the waistline of pants or skirts in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing. Below is an example:




I first heard of this slang watching the movie "Eat, Pray, Love" starring Julia Roberts. Apparently, as per wikipedia, this slang originated in Australia. Since its been a while since I posted something irrelevant and unimportant, I would like to educate everyone about this matter.

I developed a crush on a girl who worked as a barista in a coffee shop. One of those love at first glance, moments I rarely get on anyone I met. I am so fond of her that I went there everyday for almost 3 weeks just to get a glimpse of her. And this was last November, I still go there once or twice a week to see her. The first time I ordered from her I kept the receipt but forgot about it. I kept checking Facebook hoping that the first name will do. I've checked for a week and did not find her. As I was chatting with someone about her, I remebered the receipt and pulled it out of my wallet and there I found out that I have been spelling her first name incorrectly. The minute I typed in her name on FB, her account is the first thing that came up. From there, I googled her full name and found a video of her cooking Pochero. For most people who knew me, I'm a big fan of food and a dish with tomato sauce is not one of them. But when I saw that video, I grew hungry and want to eat Pochero. Most people call me a "stalker" but let me correct you on that one. I'm just a keen observer. I never followed her home or anywhere else beyond the coffee shop..

Wait, wait, wait! What the hell does a muffin-top have to do with a barista that I have crush on? Since she is always behind the counter of the coffee shop and if she does go out for lunch, I only get to see her face up to her neck so I have no idea what her physique was. On Christmas eve, BFF2011 and I had dinner and we planned to spend up to 12midnight at the coffee shop thinking that she was there. When we got there, she was not around. I wanted to go home but BFF2011 insisted that we stay and order our coffee. Since its only 9PM and I had nowhere to go and nothing to do. We decided to sit from where we could see the whole counter. (By now you must be wondering where this story is going, right? Relax! I'm getting to that part.) So there we are talking and we got to the point where BFF2011 mentioned that its too bad my crush was not around and as I was agreeing with her, out of nowhere from behind the counter came my crush with her bag and she was still in uniform. She stayed there for 10 minutes to get her free drink and from there I noticed her muffin top.

And here goes another non-sense story from me, looking for ways to include my crush on a topic.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Got it why is it muffin top! ;)-Y.A.B.
G said…
Oh.nmuffin top. Yeah. This is fun read.

Popular Posts