BH 90210 Reboot


                       
     

The show opened in a dream state like background in the Peach Pit. One by one the original cast shows up. Donna and David married and kissing by the booth. and Brandon behind the counter and still a waiter. Kelly and Steve were also there. Then all of a sudden, BOOM! The door opened and Brenda shows up, looking like a satan from hell. Tori was awaked by Jennie and they just landed in Vegas were they will be having their 90210 reunion...


BH 90210 is not like any other reboot that has come and gone. Some fans were expecting that the show will pick up from where it left off. The reboot is a heightened version of the OG lives and not the characters they portrayed from our beloved show from the 90's. With 10 seasons under their belt with all the possible problem a teenager growing to adulthood can have, it's no surprise why some are pissed with the reboot. We grew up the same time as them and became so involved in their lives that some would like to see what has become of their favorite characters after almost 20 years. This show run for so long that I forgot every episode after season 3 and re-watching this is a very serious commitment. Each season varies the number of episodes offered and it's not that easy finding high quality copies of the older seasons.

When I first heard of this, I was ecstatic! I literally screamed a little. I started re-watching the series for a review. It made me realized that alot of now famous celebrities has once guest starred on the show. One of the most memorable was Gabriel Macht from Suits (God, he's so gorgeous! Haha!). I know I stopped watching when they went to college. I am currently on Season 3 Episode 19.

My take on this? I think it is freakin' genius! I think I would be bored if they just picked up the reboot from the original show. The reboot is somewhat like reality TV with fictionalized version of their real lives. I don't really have a favorite character from the show and loved them all equally. The first episode is a tribute to the late Luke Perry and they did a pretty good job. And just think about it, if they picked up from where the series left off right away, they would not be different from the rest of the reboots out there.


With all the mixed emotions from fans all over, and even if the show is not picked up for a second season, I'd still be happy that they did this and it would be great if they get picked up. I actually find some of the scenes funny. To my fellow fans, lemme hear your thoughts on the comments below.




Comments

Popular Posts