Sunday Post

Let me start by saying : I love Sundays!

Why you ask? Simply because I get to sleep in and not feel guilty that I am procrastinating. 2 years ago, a friend of mine influenced me to go to church. I grew up Roman Catholic and were schooled at a semi catholic school but trust me, I do not understand a thing about religion or worship or God 3 years ago. I have no idea how to read the bible and why do we need to recite the Hail Mary 50 times at the speed of 100 miles per hour or use the rosary. I still do not know how to recite the rosary but now I feel incomplete not hearing the homily or hearing the after mass talks.  

Lately, something inside me is urging me to volunteer. It's been bugging me for weeks now so I decided to write about it in the hopes that it will give me more clarity if I want to really do this or not. Maybe I am just hungry... Or bored and wanting to fill up free hours every Sunday. Or maybe I just really want to do more with my life. For whatever the reason is, it is certainly been on my mind a lot. 

What if they judge me again? One of the things floating in my head. I have had instances that people from church pray over me because of my preferences in life like it was some kind of disease. I know not all people are like them. And I really really like the church I am going to right now and to find out they are like the same as the last will be devastating. 

Yes, there are hundreds of church out there but the one I am going to right now makes me feel so loved that  enjoy worshiping with them. They posted earlier what posts needs to be filled and I can do 2 of them. Will have to think about this further and decide when I am not hungry or emotionally unstable.

Today is Father's day as well so I decided to go home early as for sure, there will be a lot of traffic if I stayed out late.



Comments

Popular Posts