Why I Love Valentine's Day (Even if I'm Single)

It's that time of the year where everywhere you see red and flowers are overflowing and overpriced. Malls are crowded with couples in red. And traffic is the worst, last year I spent 3 and half hours in traffic just to get home from work.

Why I love Valentine's Day? Why not? It is the only time of the year where you can give a flower to a long time crush and put on the card "from your secret admirer" or just put you initials and have it delivered by a friend without being creepy. Or give chocolates to a someone who you have been sitting behind for the longest time and the only interaction you have had with them is you occasionally see them in the elevator or and you are too afraid to say hi or even smile because you feel it's awkward.

Yeah, I'm weird! I have done all mentioned above during Valentine's day and they are by far have been the most positive experiences in my life. To be honest, I love being single this day of the year. It allows my inner cheesy self out and gives me the courage to do the things I would not normally do in an ordinary day.

So cheer up, single people! Not being exclusively committed to someone on Valentine's day is not so bad. Do the things you are too afraid to do on a normal day. All it takes is just a little imagination.

Comments

Popular Posts