Valentine 2011

While I was enjoying my special mamon courtesy of Goldilocks, I came across a glass wall filled with warm thoughts and wishes from the customers of Pizza Hut because of the recently celebrated Valetine's day last week. I have never celebrated Valentine's before and I never thought I will come to a point in my life that I will. But this year was different, a few months ago while I was fuming mad at my friend for making me wait at Starbucks for more than an hour, I had a once-in-a-blue-moon-love-at-first-sight moment with one of their baristas. Since then, I would only drink at this particular location of Starbucks even if I had to go there during my lunch! Anyhow, last month, BFF2011 and I devised a plan of how to give her something this Valentine season. After weeks of planning and debating over email what to do, we decided to give her a flower. There was only a few times I remember giving a flower to someone, most of them where to my friends when I was back in high school then this one time that I wish I didn't so I was having mixed emotions about this plan. But everything was set, the flower, the person who will deliver but one thing is not sure. Is she going to be there? With the help of my super friends, we were finally able to find out that she'll be there on the 14th. A lot of what ifs came over me that day that it came to the point of me canceling the plan completely. But when we got there, she was nowhere in sight. I was relieved at the same time disappointed because she wasn't there. BFF2011 talked to the florist to extend the reservations until Wednesday(which reminds me that I have to go back there and get my flower). After 2 more days of anxiety, we went back we a new and improved plan. Along with my super friends,everything is set in place but the second most important thing is missing: The Flower! The florist was already closed when we got there and the other florist does not sell any of the flower I need. We had to go all the way to Glorietta 4 to check what do they have available. Once we were there, all of their roses are withering and none of the colors were appropriate. I saw one customer buying a flower that is not familiar to me so I asked the florist what it was. She said it was a tulip. Since I had no other choice and the flower looked really pretty, I asked the florist if I can see the other colors they have available. And with my luck the moment she opened the freezer the first thing I saw is a purple tulip! Although its quite small, I decided to get one. As the florist wraps it up, the anxiety sweep over me like the cold wind from the airconditioning. This is it! There's no turning back! And the what-if-she-didnt-like-it and the other what if's that's been bothering me for the past few weeks are there again. My face turned red when as I saw my friend gave the flower and cheesy as it may sound, the smile that I saw when she accepted the flower took away all the anxiety. Another first that I will never forget. What's next you may wonder. Nothing. I came to realize that just because I made a move it doesn't necessarily mean that there has to be a "next". I'm just happy that she accepted the tulip. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
weeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts