Favorite Desserts Part One : Ice Cream

"Always leave room for desserts!" That's what I always say for every scrumptuous meal. I always look forward for dessert that I eat it before the meal itself. Be it scramble or ice cream from Kuya sa kanto to the most sweetest pastries and ice cream that I could afford. To start off, here's part one of my most favorite.

Gelato - is the italian word for ice cream and sorbet. Italians use the word gelato to mean a sweet treat that is served frozen. Indeed, gelato, just like ice cream, is made with Milk, cream, various sugars, flavoring including fresh fruit and nut purees.

The difference of Gelatos from the regular ice cream aside from its much creamier taste is the presentation you see on their stores. For each gelato flavor you see on the shops that sells, you will always find something like a fruit or thing that is related to the flavor itself which make it more appealing.


Caffe Ti-Amo
This store has been calling my name every time I pass by it at Greenbelt. Thinking that their ice cream is as expensive as Haagen Dazs', and due to a very tight budget (I'm saving some dough to get that dslr or micro third camera I've been dreaming of) I opted not to listen to the whispers that has been haunting me since I have seen the store. Last Saturday, I finally cave in and decided to go into the store and try the uber yummy looking dark chocolate poster that I have been eyeing for the past few weeks. And to my relief, the price is really cheap compared to the others that I have tried. Also it a good thing a lot of these kind of ice cream shops allows you to sample the flavors first before actually paying for it. For 2 gelato flavors its only 95php! Of course, I always go for the chocolate and coffee flavored gelatos. Dark chocolate flavor has chunks of dark chocolate on it which gave it an extra kick since I love chunky ice cream and the Tiramisu have a lot of flavor and I was not able to taste the alcohol which made me enjoy the flavor (Alcohol + chocolate=eew!). The Service is nice, although it can still improve (the staff seems to have no idea which is which and who to serve it to) and the ambience is great (Old Victorian pieces everywhere plus the light are really nice)! Overall, I really enjoyed the experience! (Of course I'm with Yab, that's why!)


Gelatissimo This is by far the best Gelato I have ever tried. I remember it was about Semptember last year when my bespren JanMae treated me for my first Gelato ever. Due to some painful memories(choz,arte!), I have decided for a few years to not to eat ice cream and have opted to eat the ever popular Froyo instead (I'll create a seperate post for yogurts next). For Gelatissimo, everyhing is perfect! The ambience of the store is much nicer compared to the Ti Amo. This place is best for ice cream dates because their seat is placed accordingly and you won't feel crowded. I was able to sample all of their chocolate flavors and as always, Dark chocolates flavors gets my vote. It's not that obvious but for this visit, this serving consists of three different flavour of chocolate gelato. I don't actually remember how much its is but for 3 flavors it will cost you roughly around 300++php.

Haagen Dazs This one is something I could actually live without but their ice cream is soo good I cannot leave it out. For 395php you get 3 flavors of your choice plus the kiwis and cherries on the side. Service here is really great (for that price, they ought to be!), I was only able to try this at one location but their crew are really friendly (MOA). The first time I tried this I was able to taste all the flavors first before we actually ordered (P.atay G.utom). Their best flavor has got to be Belgian chocolate! Not really a fan of their service size because it will make you crave for more. And for the price they are asking for i could already ge a gallon of ice cream at the grocery (minus the service and the fruits of course)! Still I love the service I get everytime and would go back here if someone else is buying. :-p

And of course, if none of these are available (i.e odd hours in the middle of the night kind) any of these flavors will do :



Comments

Popular Posts